Re: wiki - files

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 00:49 +0100, mc collilieux wrote:
> mc collilieux a écrit :
> > Where is the repair of the wiki? Perhaps it's my turn to try... if you
> > have still the data.
> >

> This is the restore result: 34 pages in html.

Cool! Thanks for that.

> Were there more ? I don't see any else good pages.

I can't really tell whether that is all there was, but at least I don't
notice any glaring omissions at first glance. One thing I did notice was
that in YalwaCamaign.html the map at the beginning is missing. I don't
remember whether it was ASCII line art or an image, but my guess would
be the former, and in that case maybe you stripped out the
"funny-looking characters" in your extraction process?

> Finally phpwiki is a good wiki. It is possible to moderate user's
> modifications and avoid spam(I think)
>
> I have made only a restore/save job but it is also possible to reinjecte
> these pages (with more work) in a new phpwiki, is this a good idea ?

Well. My main concern after this episode is that there has to be a
simple way to export the wiki content in some easily accessible format,
and ideally also reimport it into other wikis without too much hassle.
If phpwiki provides that, I'm not opposed to the idea.

Jens