Re: [f-cpu] There's something going wrong here...

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 09:04:21PM +0200, Christophe wrote:
> Ok, just a refinement.
>
> You use your own local CVS for developping your part. When you reach a working
> release, you may just commit it to global CVS, you will save your money since
> you would just commit modified files. Besides, usually there is a CVS mailing
> which is sent to people when some commitings occur : that way we keep an
> history of what major change is done. If you are still against, okay, just send
> your more recent part to someone who will commit to global CVS. You are not
> forced to do so, but you cannot also force other people not to use CVS because
> you find it not convenient. Up to now, I cannot know which archive is the
> official or the most recent !!! so it is why we really need a main repositary.

I will do nothing at all. You want a central CVS? Then you can also
grab my releases and import them.

[...]
> > > tuxfamily.org was chosen for this purpose.
>
> Okay, okay, tuxfamily or not. What is important is to have an official homepage
> and repositary which are not old or scattered in so many places so people can
> get it the easiest way and being sure to have the last one, clean and working.

This happened exactly because the F-CPU site moved too often. How many
shiny new toys^H^H^H^Hwebsites did we have, three? Four? Now you're
preparing the next move, and we'll leave yet another dead site behind.
That's not an improvement, it only makes things worse. You'd better try
to work with what's there (that is, seul.org) instead of moving again.

Seul.org is the official F-CPU site. It's not broken, it's not dead,
so why should we replace it? There's absolutely no reason for a move.