Re: [f-cpu] [Fwd: RE: MAC address]

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 10:13:30PM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]
> > I used to compile with both of them, and change all code that didn't
> > work with either one.
>
> i want to continue in this direction. I believe that (if it EVER works)
> Cadence will not make much troubles but i will constantly check against
> all tools.

Yep.  The more the better.

[...]
> > > lazy guy ;-P
> > > (heck, that means that you're a good programmer, in the PERL world)
> > Also in the Unix world. "Do it only once, but do it right" ;)
> what does "once" mean ? write or instanciate ?
> i prefer to write, rewrite and rerewrite many times : "do it again and do it better".
> Otherwise there would be no point to make yet another Nth CPU :-/

If something is good and useful -- use it.  If you think you can do
better -- do it ;)

> > > i even guess that you have made a function with it, that you included in
> > > your .bash_profile :-P
> > No, functions belong in .bashrc -- because they're not exported to
> > subshells automatically ;)
> thanks, now i understand some bugs.... :-)

*grin*

> > > If i survive to the installation of this ncstuff, i'll let you know...
> > > Ok, now, let's see if i have libc.so.6/GLIBC_2.2 available somewhere...
> > Most distributions use that nowadays -- except debian, AFAIK.
> indeed. i have a debian on my laptop. shit !
>
> Martyn wrote to me :
> > NCSim is tested against a REDHAT release. The version you have
> > will only work with [RH] version 7.0 or 7.1
>
> GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH !!!!
> i want to kill all the computers and all the computer makers and all the
> programers and....

This seems to happen whenever you mix free and proprietary stuff.
It's one of the reasons why I think that *any* additions to the F-CPU
should be free as well.  Otherwise, we might have the "works only with
Red^H^H^HBlueHat F-CPU" experience one day.