Re: [f-cpu] Bit Shuffler (Take 2)

Yann Guidon a écrit :

> hi,
>
> Kim Enkovaara wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Michael Riepe wrote:
> > > Wondering whether it's faster now,
> >
> > I hate to dissapoint you, but this new version is slower. It got 56MHz in
> > the synthesis run for the same chip. I'll try to run the whole Xilinx flow
> > to the different versions at some point. But the synthesis results usually
> > correlate quite well to the actual results. Especially if some
> > floorplanning is done.
> so what is the cure, doctor ?

Should i suggest to try to make the mul with mul 8*8 entity ? Synplicity
use very high level optimising schem (it doesn't try to simplify at the
gate level but at the structure level, that's why it's faster and more
performant than the other fpga compiler). Our [michael;p] SIMD 64 bits
mul should be quicker with basic 8 bits bloc. But this could be only
true with fpga.

nicO