Re: (FC-Devel) What Has Been Happening

"Arjan J. Molenaar" wrote:

> [...]

I meant that yes, we have tools selected - sorry for the confusion.

> Why OmniOrb and not ORBit? (probably the stage of development...)

Primarily the stage of development.  Pre-built Linux & Windows versions, ongoing development by AT&T, etc.

> No GTK+ wrapper (like Sugar or GTK--)?

In our search for stable toolsets on both Windows and Linux, these were never discovered.  I would be interested in hearing
about them.

> > I have been using my expertise in the model interchange area.  I have
> > been lucky enough to be employed where my efforts at my day job
> > coincides with what we need to do here.
> >
> > What we need now are some people willing to code.  We especially need
> > someone to begin the GUI prototype.  Any takers?
>
> That would mean somebody has to work on a useable canvas. I have some experience with canvasses (mainly through failure ;-).
>
> How about the repository? are there any ideas for interfaces? Has somebody found a usable one on the net?

Unfortunatley, due to some ongoing negotiations, I am unable to go into detail about exactly what I am doing here.  Suffice it
to say that the repository, including versioning, group and individual development are well on their way.  I apologize for being
secretive, but legally I must wait before disclosing further.

> > Unfortunately, I am in class until Friday or I would be more
> > verbose and
> > detailed.  Anyone willing to help?  With which areas?  What
> > can I do to
> > help you get started?
> >
> > More later when there's time.
> >
> > Thanks for the interest,
> >
> > Dean
>
> I can probably not be contacted before next monday... I'll see what I can do on my repository approach.
>
> regards,
>
> Arjan

Please see my further email for a more complete discussion.

Dean