Re: gEDA-user: Finished drawing two sided board in PCB. Any comment?

Leva wrote:

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:58:17 -0400
9000 VAX <vax9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't use thermal around vias because I don't know how to do that in
PCB. Also it seems there is no need for vias to have thermal, since
vias are solder masked by PCB and I will be unable to put solder in
the via holes any way.

How do you connect a via fully to a polygon? I don't know how to do it. I use thermal... and yes, it makes no sence.

Levente

__

E-Mail: lekovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: ha5ogl
ICQ: 48710903
MSN: ha5ogl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo!: kieg_tk16
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/cuccok/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.

I use the thermal for non critical things. Where it really matters, I put a polygon on the plane and set it not to clear. I have an absolute mess under a 256 ball 1mm pitch BGA in a board I am working on. It is hard to keep the ground plane together with all those vias. When I get some time I may see if I can make toggle thermal have 3 states: clear, thermal, don't clear. That is how Eagle was (not that I would ever go back). In the past I have had a hard time understanding how the PCB code works, but maybe with time I can figure it out.

--
Darrell Harmon
100x100mm SBC running GNU/Linux: