Re: gEDA-user: Re: change from ngspice to gnucap

On Friday 21 April 2006 02:10, Dan McMahill wrote:
> I don't think I understand where that comment is coming from.  Cadence

It's coming from a 5+ years cadence user.

> has a simulation front-end which really isn't that bad and it has lots
> of things which are very helpful to designers.  Backannotation of dc
> node voltages and operating points for example are extremely useful.  It

That is not the front-end GUI that I am talking about.

> is pretty easy to set up and run many smaller scale simulations through
> their GUI.  The GUI can also write out the script which would perform
> the simulation you've configured.  Makes for a nice way to get started

The command writes out an ocean script which is basically a SKILL (Cadence
LISP) script which is useful, but not user friendly.

> when you need more out of the simulation.  And, yes, cadence supports
> multiple simulators.  They're not perfect by a long shot, but we could
> learn a lot from them.

What I was thinking about was the Affirma Analog Design Environment. It wasn't
developed by Cadence. Cadence bought it and stopped development, but it is
the main interface for analog designers.

Cadence promise something new for the 6.0 or 6.1 release maybe this year. But
there have been no screenshots to view.

--
Svenn