Re: gEDA-user: simulation advice

> Do you mix your C and C++ projects' source code together like that?  I
> wouldn't.

Me, I use *.cc for C++.  But, as the creator of DJGPP, I have to deal
with all the users who run GCC HELLO.C and can't figure out why it
doesn't work right.

> > "cvs" is a program
> > "CVS" is a subdirectory for source control
>
> And that will still work unless they are both within the same parent
> directory.  If they are, then give the program a different name or
> an extension.

Yes, and the cvs source repository (used to build cvs itself) needed a
hack to get around this.

> But if it's case insensitive, why shouldn't it preserve whatever you
> type in?  I use case to make names more readable, but like the
> convenience of not having to type it in camel-hump case for a
> quick-and-dirty script.

Most of the problems we've seen revolve around wildcards and
findfirst/findnext type functionality.  When you're case insensitive,
software and users get lazy about case, then wildcards stop working
right when you *do* care about case.