Re: gEDA-user: searching connected to "this object" (was:Page contents browser)

[snip]

> Wouldn't it be nice if you could enter some high conductivity "segment of wire" resistors that the netlist reduced down to wire to
> create one output to manufacture, and left them in as markers of zones of location in your circuit topology.  Then describing
> "parts that are near others" becomes the more managable, "parts along a net that have few or no wire-segment R's between them and
> the others".  Those same wire segment R's could be used in simulations and back annotated to be accurate also...
>
> John Griessen

I'd use a hierarchical sub-circuit, with two pins, and a net between
them. A "short". This could be used to join "AGND" to "DGND". A
hierarchical net-list will retain this, however a flattened net-list
could be produced which still works with existing tools.

Layout tools which "understand" hierarchical net-lists could be of
benefit here, allowing you to view "AGND" and "DGND" connected pads
separately, whilst still expecting them to all to be grouped together as
one big net (e.g. GND).

Peter C