Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 12:39 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > So, are you volunteering to add crossing jumps to gschem?  It should
> > be a change to the drawing engine only, and a (default off) setting
> > in the GUI.
>
> I agree that *IF* we want such a thing, it should be done deep in the
> "draw this net line" code in gschem.  It would be cool auto have them
> magically appear, but I'm not volunteering to do it either.

*IF* this were done, we'd need probably need to track crossed objects as
well as connected objects, otherwise the drawing code would have to
check lots of lines for intersection at each redraw.

Perhaps another way to do it could be to allow arcs as net segments, and
introduce a tool to insert them. Auto-magically doing so is fine too..
just like net segments are consolidated automatically at the moment.

It has been such a long time since I used a jog to represent
non-connected wires... it isn't a feature I'd really be interested in
coding.

What I do, to avoid confusion when making a + type connection, is to:

     \
--o---o--
   \

Or, more simply:

--o--o--

I'm not opposed to being able to make jogs at will, as flexibility is a
great virtue with such things. Adding this functionality obviously isn't
a great priority though.

Peter C