Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

> *IF* this were done, we'd need probably need to track crossed
> objects as well as connected objects, otherwise the drawing code
> would have to check lots of lines for intersection at each redraw.

pcb does this rather efficiently using rtrees to keep track of what's
where.  Since most net lines in schematics tend to be horizontal or
vertical anyway, I think we can optimize this enough to be doable with
minimal code changes.  Not that I know anything about gschem's
internals, just guessing.

> Perhaps another way to do it could be to allow arcs as net segments,
> and introduce a tool to insert them. Auto-magically doing so is fine
> too..  just like net segments are consolidated automatically at the
> moment.

I really don't want to think of the problems involved with trying to
move a net segment after doing that, though.