Re: gEDA-user: 4-bit_12-LED.png (PNG Image, 1024x768 pixels)

DJ Delorie wrote:
I don't think there is another way but to use wire jumps to
explicitely tell the reader that there is no connection on a
crossing.

Sorry, you're wrong.  The correct thing to do is the same thing
everyone else on the planet is doing.  This means, crossed lines
without a dot are not connected, crossed lines with a dot are.  That's
the standard, that's what everyone does, so we do it also.

I personally _never_ use a 4-way connection. If you see a crossing on my schematics, there will not be a solder dot.

good:

bad:

Why is the 2nd bad? Suppose one of those wires got close but you didnt' connect that last grid space? Suppose you fax the schematic to someone and it is hard to tell solder dots or no solder dots? Suppose some older CAD tool you once used had a bug and didn't always include all 4 nets..... (ok, so I'll admit the last one has introduced a bit of superstition in my opinion).

-Dan