Re: gEDA-user: TwoStageAmp example

On Monday 02 April 2007 15:50, John Doty wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2007, at 1:38 PM, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > I suggest you play around with both Gnucap and ngspice, and
> > see which one suits your purposes.  I believe Gnucap still
> > accepts SPICE syntax netlists, so you can netlist using
> > spice-sdb and then use either Gnucap or ngspice for
> > simulation.
>
> Thanks. Nearly a straight answer. But "I believe ... still
> ..." is a   little disturbing.

Gnucap is in transition.

Now:
Accepts Spice syntax netlists, some HSPICE style extensions,
some other extensions.  Lacks a few components.

Future:
Format is determined by a plugin.  The structural subset of
Verilog-AMS and VHDL-AMS, and a general form of Spice will be
available.  The use of plugins enhances backward compatibility,
because there can be many of them, even for obscure formats.

Longer future:
Specific Spice variants can be made, for exact compatibility
with variants of Spice.
Since the format is determined in a plug-in, direct support for
many other formats is likely.

If you give it a try, and let me know what you think, you can
influence the direction and make it much better.  Getting
feedback from users now is important to me.

I want you to tell me what you want, not restricted by what you
have now or what you think you can get.  You may be surprised
how easy it is to give you what you thought was impossible.