Re: gEDA-user: refdes and footprint not automatic from sym to sch

In include my gafrc file. It probably has too many lines. Could you
please cut out the unnecessary ones?
Thanks,
Frank

gafrc
-----
schematics /mnt/sda2/frank/geda_pcb/cti/cti.sch
elements-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank
components-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank
(component-library "/mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank")
output-name cti500a

This is not a gafrc file. I belive you are confused about which program needs which config file, and what the config files look like. Here's a summary:

gschem, gnetlist, gattrib, etc.
Config file = gafrc.
It contains scheme directives like this:
(component-library "/mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank")

gsch2pcb: Config file = whatever you want to call it. I call mine project.rc. It contains name/value pairs like this: schematics /mnt/sda2/frank/geda_pcb/cti/cti.sch elements-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank components-dir /mnt/sda2/frank/gEDAfrank output-name cti500a

With these file names, the design flow is:

gschem cti.sch

gsch2pcb project.rc

pcb cti500a.pcb

Stuart

p.s.  Note to developers:  Perhaps we should spend some time at the
code sprint fixing gsch2pcb so that it uses the gafrc rather than its
own config file.  This seems to be an issue which confuses newbies.
Since we're gonna make gsch2pcb export PCB commands (a major change),
now is a good time to implement this type of improvement also.  I'd be
happy to take a stab at it.  Just MHO.