Re: gEDA-user: PCB connections

I just completed a couple of boards using the 100 pin TQFP and I used
6/6 (0.165/0.165 mm actually) on one board which needed fine pitch to
be routable and 10/10 on the other.  The fine pitch board had a lot
more 0.635 mm pitch parts which the smaller grid was compatible
with.  It was no real problem routing to the 0.5 mm pitch part
though.  I use FreePCB which will always align the first trace with
the pin and puts the second vertex on grid.  Does PCB do that as
well, or do you have to switch grids?

The larger board didn't need the fine routing pitch, so I used the
fatter 10/10 to lower the cost.  But the pin on the TQFP100 was not
quite 10 mil wide.  So I had to make the initial route a 9 mil wide
trace up to the first via.  I have not found a way to get FreePCB to
route metric trace widths.  It may be possible by editing the config
file, but I haven't bothered to find out yet.

Rick