Re: gEDA-user: PCB connections

> I use FreePCB which will always align the first trace with the pin
> and puts the second vertex on grid.  Does PCB do that as well, or do
> you have to switch grids?

PCB has snap-to-pin and automatic two-part traces, so as long as you
start or end on the pad's snap point, it aligns the traces for you.
You just have to remember to let PCB make that last corner for you.

If not, you can cut out the odd corner or two, and insert a new
corner.  Insert can be set to snap traces to 45 degree increments,
giving you a 90 degree corner regardless of the grid.