Re: gEDA-user: 3 questions on a 4 layer board

Dan McMahill wrote:
> If my traces were carrying ground referenced analog signals I wouldn't
> want the power plane being my "ground" plane.
>
> And yes, I've seen a real life case with some rather frustrating
> behavior that the correct stackup totally fixed.  There was a moment of
> clarity when a bypass cap way on the other end of the board made a much
> larger than expected difference.
Would you mind elaborating on this?  I could imagine a scenario where
the power plane could be a source of AC noise - especially if components
aren't bypassed adequately.  The AC noise could then couple to the
signal traces in its quest to complete a low impedance circuit.  Is this
what you observed, or am I way off?

-Ethan