gEDA-user: input/output ports gschem

Hi,
	I did a design using input, output, and io ports based on the
input-2.sym available in the library. I thought that the net attribute
would make the net between the component's pin and the port to be named
the same as the port's net attribute, but I was wrong and it's still
necessary to put a netname on the nets involved to make the logical
connection at the other side(another port + net + component's set).

	So the question(suggested by DJ) is: How are these input/output
graphical ports supposed to work?  Are they merely graphic things, or
does that net attribute have a special/useful function?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards, Felipe.

--
Felipe De la Puente Christen