Re: gEDA-user: A little puzzled about the purpose of gschem

On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> Do these libraries bind the attributes to the symbols (so that I do not
>   have to do any post-gschem drawing and pre-gnetlist work) ?

No. gnetlist cannot read your mind. It doesn't know which model you intend to use for your opamp, for example, and the symbol author may not have set the pinseq attributes to match the model, unknown to them, that you're using. Remember that gEDA is multi-purpose, not designed for your specific needs, which are unknown to the designers anyway.

But you don't have to do any post-gschem drawing. What did you mean by that?

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx