Re: gEDA-user: A little puzzled about the purpose of gschem

   That was really uncalled for.

   I was talking about symbol definitions, and not gnetlist.
   On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:48 AM, John Doty <[1]jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Apr 22, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

   > Do these libraries bind the attributes to the symbols (so that I do
   not
   >   have to do any post-gschem drawing and pre-gnetlist work) ?

     No. gnetlist cannot read your mind. It doesn't know which model you
     intend to use for your opamp, for example, and the symbol author may
     not have set the pinseq attributes to match the model, unknown to
     them, that you're using. Remember that gEDA is multi-purpose, not
     designed for your specific needs, which are unknown to the designers
     anyway.
     But you don't have to do any post-gschem drawing. What did you mean
     by that?

   [2]http://www.noqsi.com/
   [3]jpd@xxxxxxxxx