Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

rickman <gnuarm.geda@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have to say I am philosophically opposed to any feature that allows
> a design to pass DRC when the layout differs from the schematic.

Just to get the terminology right:

DRC has no business to care about the schematics at all.  There shall be
a tool to check if the layout implements the schematics netlist, but
that is a different issue.

PCB implements this distiction properly.  DRC checks consider coper
structures as layed out when evaluating the rules, without regard to the
netlist.

The Rat's-nest (O-key) ignores DRC rules when checking connectivity.

--
Stephan