Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:37:05 -0500
John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, Levente's way of handling that after the fact is practical and
> what I like to do, since then you keep all your DRC's working against
> error, and have one more step to do after DRC complete.  Perhaps that
> method could be scripted with a makefile?  Can commands from a script
> make a layer invisible and not part of DRCs?  If so, then the
> starpoint connecting copper could be on a special layer for that
> purpose alone, and merged in by using visibility or not.

Yes. There is a patch which adds the ability to ignore DRC.

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Mar-2011/msg00096.html

> Else merge it in with gerbv as RS274-X only.

I don't like this idea. You have to have control over connections at least at
PCB level. I'd have it in gschem level.

Levente

--
Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx>