Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

Kovacs Levente wrote:

> Yes. There is a patch which adds the ability to ignore DRC.
>
> http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Mar-2011/msg00096.html

This patch uses layer attributes to differentiate.
IMHO, for the split ground use case an attribute of an object (track, or
pad, or pin) would be more appropriate. Properties of objects can be
attached to a footprint. So you can have a star point symbol in the
schematic. This would be impossible with layer attributes.

>> Else merge it in with gerbv as RS274-X only.
>
> I don't like this idea. You have to have control over connections at least at
> PCB level. I'd have it in gschem level.

ack.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211