Re: gEDA-user: Split ground planes and zero ohm jumpers

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:10:02 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak
<knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch uses layer attributes to differentiate.
> IMHO, for the split ground use case an attribute of an object (track,
> or pad, or pin) would be more appropriate. Properties of objects can
> be attached to a footprint. So you can have a star point symbol in
> the schematic. This would be impossible with layer attributes.

Ah ok. Sorry for the missunderstanding. I thought one should put the short on
a layer, that is not checked against DRC. So you don't have the DRC error.

This approach is the "subconductive layer" in CR5000.

Levente

--
Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx>
Voice: +36705071002