gEDA-user: Footprint does not exists when it does?

In PCB there are a large number of foot prints that I can select and place.

However when I try to use these footprint names in gschem then run
gschem2pcb or gsch2pcb I get errors like this:

Error: the footprint 0805_wave_solder for the device B1 does not exist

0805_wave_solder exists in /usr/local/share/pcb/newlib/generic_SMD_packages/ .

However it seems the gEDA can only find the foot prints that are located in
/usr/local/share/pcb/m4 .

How to I get gEDA to be able to use all of the footprint names that PCB can use?

--
                http://www.softwaresafety.net/
      http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/