Re: gEDA-user: SMD soldering challenge status

Hi y'all,

To make the challenge to be functional more interesting, I have some analog muxes I bought a reel of on ebay I will contribute 100 of if DJ will handle the kitting of them along with his boards. They may provide extra soldering challenge, since they were made in 2000, are on tape, and have NOT been stored in dessicant or anti tarnish environment since new.

John

DJ Delorie wrote:
Even just a little 555-based LED blinker or something would count as "functional" in this case, I think.

0603 cap = 1 cent 0603 led = 7 cents

Even the venerable 555 is too expensive in the small sizes appropriate
to this project (about $0.60).

Now, if you can think of a circuit that uses a flip flop and some
inverters, plus low-valued caps (even resistors cost 3x what caps
cost), that might be feasible.

(ok, so it's more than just a *soldering* challenge ;)