Re: gEDA-user: SMD soldering challenge status

For a little more money (~$3.00)  take a look at the Nordic Semiconductor reference
design for the NRF24L01 radio transceiver. Lots of small parts and you get a functional
2.4GHz radio when done. I have some commercial modules ($14.95 from Spark Fun)
so the acid test would be easy to  setup.

George