Re: gEDA-user: gschem: Adding net names to a bus

Hi John, Patrick and all,

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 15:17, John Luciani wrote:
> > As I said, this feels cumbersome, and I thought I would ask if
> > there are easier ways to enter in a bunch of similar netnames.
>
> What I sometimes do is ---
>
>   1. Create a schematic with a single net.
>   2. Edit the netname, font size, name position, etc until the net
>       appearance is satisfactory.
>   3. Copy the net as many times as desired.
>   4. Close the schematic and edit net names in EMACS.
>       A search and replace macro makes this easier.
>   5. Use gschem to correct the positioning of misplaced nets and then
>       copy the net schematic into your main schematic.

Here's another way:

1. Draw the bus
2. add one net to the bus
3. add the netname attribute to the net using a wildcard e.g. netname=A?
4. (optional) edit the label properties (alignment, textsize, ...)
5. copy the net (with label and busripper) as many times as you need
6. mark all netnames
7. use the attribute --> autonumber text dialog
8. write "netname=A" to the searchtext and modify the options

Note:
If you need a top down or a left to right bus this will work fine with
the corresponding sort option.
If you need a bottom up bus you'll have to place the bus rippers from
bottom to top and use the fileorder sort option when renumbering.

Regards
Werner