Re: gEDA-user: gschem: Adding net names to a bus

On 8/7/06, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I drew a bus down along side of the symbol and started connecting
nets to it.  So far, so good, but now I want to label the nets, and
here is where things get a little cumbersome.

Select net,
aa
EM_A[...]
select netname, since it is way to big
ex
Change the font size to 6.

As I said, this feels cumbersome, and I thought I would ask if there
are easier ways to enter in a bunch of similar netnames.

What I sometimes do is ---

 1. Create a schematic with a single net.
 2. Edit the netname, font size, name position, etc until the net
     appearance is satisfactory.
 3. Copy the net as many times as desired.
 4. Close the schematic and edit net names in EMACS.
     A search and replace macro makes this easier.
 5. Use gschem to correct the positioning of misplaced nets and then
     copy the net schematic into your main schematic.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org