Re: gEDA-user: Progress with unified build

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 09:44 -0400, Jason wrote:
> Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> > I use my own symbols only, anyway.
> >

> Having just made my first symbol for my first project (pic10f202), I
> have to ask, why?  Does this include all the way down to rolling your
> own resistors?  Is it for legal (IP) reasons, or technical (prefer
> everything in mm)?

Please note: There is no "everything in mm" for gschem symbols.
Symbols use arbitrary units for dimension. gschem schematics can be
scaled to which ever size you want, most times to fit to paper.

The (current) limitation for symbols is that the active end of pins
should rest on multiples of 100 of grid size.

I think the term "100 mil" was used in old gschem documentation, which
has lead to questions like "How can I generate metric symbols". But this
makes not much sense.