Re: gEDA-user: Commercial CAD, land pattern generators report

On Aug 14, 2010, at 4:05 AM, Armin Faltl wrote:

> Maybe as long as I don't sell my non-free
> code but just use it in house to compute results GPL doesn't bite,
> but I don't want to be restricted in that way either.

GPL does not restrict your use of my code, but if you wish to distribute my GPL code under the GPL terms, you must abide by those terms.

But the GPL does not restrict the owner of code in any way. If you wish to distribute my code under other terms, you can negotiate with me. My code is my code: I can do as I please with it. I can grant you any kind of license to use my code (and I would if the price was right).

Your code is your code: you can do as you please with it. GPL does not, and cannot, take any rights whatever from the owner of the code. Like any other license, it is merely a vehicle for the owner of the code to grant rights to others. It does not exclude the use of other vehicles.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx