Re: gEDA-user: Foss-pcb Proposed plan from CERN

Peter Clifton wrote:

> Even conversion of old legacy Altium designs could be done given access
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is this a serious restriction?
Would it be possible for a user of a current altium license to export
to this "old legacy" format?

> to known sample files and developer time (e.g. money). I was working on
> a funded project to reverse engineer those file-format at while back,
> and the only reason it has stalled so far is a lack of my time. The
> formats aren't so bad to understand once you've had some luck figuring
> out the binary compression scheme.

A transition path from altium to geda would be huge!
How far did you advance on this road?

---<)kaimartin(>---

PS: Why did none of my todays posts hit the list, yet? (While others seem
to have no problem to get through within minutes)
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx