Re: gEDA-user: gEDA gets some great press!

Ales Hvezda wrote:

Hi All,

Thought I'd pass this along:

http://www.eedesign.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=55301354

Many thanks to all who contribute and use gEDA.

-Ales

Good article.

It always irk's me when someone says that Open Source isn't
"professional caliber" or lacks user support. CAD software is
complex and everyone has bug's and anomilies. gEDA is no
worse than some of the stuff I had to pay for. Commercial
vendors are always trying to cram in more  new features
and want to  lock  in their users .  Open source is much more
aligned with the end user's best interest and doesn't play those
games.

I have had supported comercial software where you call them and
say "your tool doesn't work when I do  this" and they respond
" don't do that".

John Eaton