Re: gEDA-user: New testing version of gEDA Suite CD available

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 07:25 -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> I've put a new version of the gEDA Suite CD ROM on my website at:
>
> http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:suse_10.0_notes_available_here
>
> It seems to work quite well on all systems on which I have tested it,
> specifically SuSE-9.3, SuSE-10.0, FC-4, FC-1, and FC-2.   I would
> welcome folks with other distros to download it and give it a test.
> Please direct any bug reports to me.  Don't forget to first read the
> "Install" section of the gEDA wiki for tips about necessary
> prconfiguration of your system.
>
> FWIW, the installer will fail on RedHat-9 since PCB needs to have
> GTK>=2.4.
>
> Stuart

Stuart,

I've successfully installed 20051203 on Fedora Core 4.

The guile-devel package was required.

The gettext-devel package was not required.

Everything else was already installed.

I had to upgrade wxGTK, but I had to do this anyway. It forced me to re-
think how I had my yum repositories configured, and I realized that just
having RPMforge (in addition to the base and Fedora Extras) repository
wasn't enough. It appears that the FreshRPMs repository hasn't been
fully integrated into RPMforge yet, so you have to configure this
repository also. Once I did that, it picked up the wxGTK updates.

I haven't played around with the new gEDA tools yet, just installed
them. I'll let you know if I have any problems :)

All of this will be updated on my Fedora Core 4 Installation wiki at
http://www.offramp.com.FC4_Lab-Install sometime tonight.

Hope this is useful to you.

Dave Hart...