Re: gEDA-user: New testing version of gEDA Suite CD available

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 19:59 -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > > I've put a new version of the gEDA Suite CD ROM on my website at:
> > >
> > > http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:suse_10.0_notes_available_here
>
> Umm, this is obviously wrong.  I must have absent mindedly copied the
> URL from the wrong open window on my machine.  The correct URL is:
>
> http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/
>
> The desired link is at the bottom of the above page.
>
> > I've successfully installed 20051203 on Fedora Core 4.
>
> [snip!]
>
> > All of this will be updated on my Fedora Core 4 Installation wiki at
> > http://www.offramp.com.FC4_Lab-Install sometime tonight.
>
> Umm, this URL is also messed up.  If this is a sly joke, then I am
> laughing :-)  Otherwise, please repost the URL and I will link to it.
> Or better yet, please  put your stuff directly on the gEDA wiki!
>
> Stuart

Stuart,

Sorry, the URL is http://www.offramp.com/FC4_Lab-Install, and I still
need a little time before the gEDA instructions get integrated into the
wiki. Quite a bit of restructuring will be necessary in the next two
weeks as I add some new content. This thing is getting big.

I'm having issues with LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting on Fedora Core 4. From
hints at fedoraforum.org I think I've figured it out, but it will take a
while to confirm. The short of it is:
  1) Updating PATH is done in user's .bash_profile file.
  2) Updating LD_LIBRARY_PATH is done in user's .bashrc
  3) Need to update /etc/ld.so.conf with LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  4) Need to run /sbin/ldconfig after adding anything to above.

As I said, I will work out instructions