Re: gEDA-user: PCB Trim/extend traces

Jonatan Åkerlind wrote:

Do you mean apart from grabbing the ends and dragging them (which seems
to work ok for me)?

I thought that didn't work, but now when I try it actually does :-) Anyway it is hard to grab the end,

There is a setting for mouse snap to line ends snap distance, I think, but could not find it in the manual just now. I make sure my lines are on grid with a larger grid setting than 1 mil. 5 mils is enough, and more can be good also. The place on a line end to grab -- the line dragging handle -- is the center of the circle or semicircle that forms the line end. When you got the entire line to move, you might have had it selected, or your mouse landed on the line, not on the line-end-circle's center.

The PCB menu Settings-->ThinDraw or toggling default keybinding <key>i changes all traces between a centerline only appearance where the line end is the grab handle, and normal view showing the extent of copper for a trace.

With a 5 mil grid, I can select and move lines well while looking at about 2500 mils across my screen, a fairly "high" view, which always helps productivity.

John G