Re: gEDA-user: adding footprints attribute to schematics symbols

On Dec 26, 2006, at 3:29 AM, csanyipal wrote:
I'm newbe in electronics and with gEDA so please help me with few advices!

I try to make a PCB board for a PC interface for educational purpose.
The PC interface should to get +5V from USB port.

I assume that you're not designing a USB device.

Don't "steal power" from the USB interface.

First off, it goes against the USB spec.

Second, it may not work. You design may want to draw too much current from the port and it may just stop working as there are current limits for each port.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, there are all sorts of broken USB devices (like "USB cooling fans" and "USB lights" and such). Let's try not to make matters worse, eh?

-a