Re: gEDA-user: Heavy Symbols and such

There would be a ten million part library for resisters if you rrestrict
yourself to a flat file format that limits the expression of the data so
that it can't capture "natural regularities of that universe of components "

Which was my point and why DJ got a bingo for the db reasoning. Yes
heavy and flat is reminicent of a particular character from the movie
animal house. "being fat dumb and drunk is no way to go through life."

But engaging in anorexic behavior to avoid the preceeding idea is also
no way to go through a design cycle. Or one of my favorite Alaskan
climbing quotes is from a conversation I once had with a character named
Carl Tobin.... I said, the common idea from alpine climbing is to go
fast and light. Carl responded in Alaska we say... "Go fast and heavy".

Steve Meier