Re: gEDA-user: uEDA .. was .. Re: Heavy Symbols and such

On Dec 7, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Steve Meier wrote:

> Al, John,
>
> Stop worrying about anyone trying to use spice as an internal
> language.
> To quote the SNL version of George Bush "It's not going to happen".

Of course it's not going to happen. It's the chaos it could cause by
trying to happen that worries us ;-)

> Likewise, stop worrying about vhdl or verilog being the internal
> language. "It's not going to happen".

Take that one up with Al. I'm really not sure what he wants. I try to
understand, but he's constantly pushing Verilog as the chicken soup
that will make everything wonderful. I don't see how, and he can't
seem to make it clear.

> I have an internal language and read my lips "I ain't going to change
> its basic structure other then to extend it".

What do you mean by internal language? We have two: sch/sym as data,
scheme as program. And maybe we want more:

1. A database for heavy symbol attributes.
2. A BOM language to bind attributes to schematic symbols.

> Instead, focus that worrying about what the requirements are for
> getting
> from schematic input with associated auxilory files to the desired
> output. Worry about the richness of the scheme interface so that we
> can
> we suck in data without loss can and we push data out without loss
> with
> respect to your favorite formats with respect to the scripting
> interface!

The interesting idea so far in this discussion has been to let the
BOM be source rather than product.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx