Re: gEDA-user: uEDA .. was .. Re: Heavy Symbols and such

On Dec 7, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Steve Meier wrote:

> I think the only area of question is... is there a need to translate
> from spice to another language?

Think of SPICE as object code. It's useful as an import format for
modules somebody else has "compiled" and you don't intend to change.
It's useful as an output format for simulation and chip layout. It is
not a useful format from which to recover graphics or an editable
design. It is not reasonable as "source code" except in very simple
cases.

But I think Al's claim is that Verilog could be used to represent
graphically editable designs.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx