Re: gEDA-user: how to add a rat to a via?

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 00:01 -0800, Steve Meier wrote:
> ahhh a rat in my mind is a potential trace between two points of a
> netlist. If you want to draw a trace that isn't part of the netlist then
> a rat has no meaning.
>
> at least in my mind.

You can actually build a rats-nest in PCB, in very limited
circumstances. (Select the rats layer, and line tool), It doesn't like
you joining two objects which are already parts of different nets, which
is (I expect) why the OP's having difficulties.

The more useful answer..

Its best to wire everything up in gschem, as "back annotation" which
might allow you to wire up in PCB, then fix the schematic to match isn't
really possible yet.

If you turn off DRC checks, then wire things together in PCB which
aren't connected in the schematic, you will find it difficult to keep
track of any mistakes for the design in general.

Best wishes,

Peter C.