Re: gEDA-user: updating your OS, was: Re: Export gerber crash

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 22:28 -0500, Ian Chapman wrote:

> > After this, try the upgrade again.
> Oh no. support for gnome cups manager has ended.  I'll sort out the
> printer if necessary.  Other than that and a few not supported libs that
> I do not understand it seems to be okay.  Upgrades available but not all
> can be installed due to previous upgrade incomplete.  Can upgrades and
> figure it out after maybe a restart?

A "partial" upgrade can sometimes help here. These are used if some
conflicts must be broken before continuing.

I didn't notice gnome-cups-manager had gone... I just thought it had got
better. Turns out, the new functionality is in the package
"system-config-printer".

If you still have problems with the upgrade, try from a terminal:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
and
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

(If it complains of any conflicts, or tries to remove hundreds of
packages, post which here).

Hope the upgrade goes smoothly!

--
Peter Clifton