Re: gEDA-user: Pads do not clear polygons

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 02:24:29PM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> PCB and gsch2pcb both provide default layer groupings. It depends on
> which you started your layout with, which you'll get.

Yes.  The "backwards masking" item was created in PCB, with a dotfile
that had gotten scrambled somewhere along the way.  Likely I hadn't
noticed before because aside from simple little tests I'd been working
with layouts initialized by gsch2pcb that brought in their own sane
layer stack.  That mixup was definitely *not* PCB's default, as it was
sane when I ran it from a test account that didn't have a messed-up
(or any) local config in ~/.pcb

> I really hope neither of these is setting the component and solder
> stackup wrong!

Nope.  Their defaults are different (and gsch2pcb should be easier to
change than editing the source (IIRC the FAQ item I just skimmed
over)), but they are both sane by default.

> File->Preferences
>
> Layers option on left,
> Groups tab on the right pane.

Yeah, that was it.  :-)  And I had even found it once before...

--
During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of
Christianity been on trial.  What have been its fruits?  More or less