Re: gEDA-user: Pads do not clear polygons

On Sun, 2007-12-09 at 10:38 -0600, Martin Maney wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 10:12:45AM -0800, Harry Eaton wrote:
> > Actually this is simply that you have the layer named
> > "component" on the solder side and the layer named
> > "solder" on the component side. That's a really bad
> > way
> > to set up the layer groups.
>
> Yes, that seems logical.  As best I recall *I* didn't do any setup of
> the layers - that was how PCB had them by default.  So of course I
> never thought to check that.

PCB and gsch2pcb both provide default layer groupings. It depends on
which you started your layout with, which you'll get.

I really hope neither of these is setting the component and solder
stackup wrong!

> That's interesting - it's in ~/.pcb/preferences, and it does seem to
> be different than what it sets up de novo, but I have no memory of
> intentionally changing groups, either through the GUI or by editing
> preferences (well, until I edited it just now to put it back to sane).
> Speaking of the layers/groups GUI, I stumbled across that once upon a
> time, but now I can't find it.  Hints?

File->Preferences

Layers option on left,
Groups tab on the right pane.