Re: gEDA-user: Shall we use letters (i.e. E, C, B ) for transsitor pin names?

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 02:13:48PM -0800, Steve Meier wrote:
> A "tech" once fixed a board that had a bad dip device. Did he use the
> same part that he pulled out? No he just got one that had the same
> number of pins.

We got a few boards where the contract mfr had mis-loaded their stuffing
robots and the SO8 reset controllers were instead power regulators (used
elsewhere on the board).  The only observable ill effect was that two
ethernet PHYs didn't come out of reset properly because the reset line
didn't have a good rising edge.  I didn't recognize the chip p/n but when
I was googling it someone else heard me and recognized it as a regulator
he had used before.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>