Re: gEDA-user: Any TV repair gurus lurking?

On Dec 21, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 16:06 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>> http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/sony_be3d.pdf
>>>
>>> I found myself wondering.. could you make a schematic / layout
>>> like this
>>> with gEDA?
>>
>> I suppose.  How is that form better than what we have?
>>
>> The PCB overlays could be the "assembly" prints that PCB already
>> does.
>
> I also found myself wondering... do military engineers use the term
> "exploded diagram" on their drawings?  (So perhaps my comments /
> thoughts aren't that useful at the moment!)

Don't know, but once a defense lab asked me for a preview of my parts
selection, ahead of the schematic release, so they could get going on
procurement. I said, "OK, I'll send you a BOM". Consternation
resulted! True story.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx