Re: gEDA-user: Fwd: Parts DB API: the story so far

I think the one missing thing is that we should somehow fix the
transistor problem, even in the "basic" configuration.  Even if the
"simple mapping" we ship with only maps "PNP-1.sym" to "TO92" or
"SOT23" with suitable pin swapping, that would be sufficient.

I.e. choosing a footprint for a symbol should fix up the pin numbers.

Not sure how complex we should get with this; the gate swapping
problem (NAND is 7400/DIP14 or 74V1G00/SOT23 ?) needs fixing but I
can't think of a simple way to present that to the user.