Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.4.2-20081220 released!

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 00:36 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> And there is no way to make all marker visible again?

Yes, but rendering lots of little markers adds a speed penalty for what
just ends up as a grubby little antialiased dot when you're further
zoomed out. (So I'll leave the code to shut off its drawing at higher
zoom levels).

> I think it can be very useful to have all markers visible:
> For aligning text, and to make sure that reference point of text is
> fine. This last point is important, because by default PostScript
> output
> of text is smaller (I like this) than on screen. If reference point is
> wrong, it may look good on screen, but bad on print out.

That's why I left it on when selected.. it does help line things up when
its not.

I guess it could change before the cairo stuff is pushed, or become (yet
another) config option. If it is turned into a config option, I'm going
to push for the default to hide the things.. for my money, it really
helps de-clutter the page.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,