Re: gEDA-user: blue sky ideas - written down finally

Hi Dave,

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens Dave N6NZ
Verzonden: maandag 28 december 2009 5:22
Aan: gEDA user mailing list
Onderwerp: Re: gEDA-user: blue sky ideas - written down finally

On Dec 27, 2009, at 6:00 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>> Actually.... this is starting to sound like embedding a gattrib grid
>> on a sheet some place.
>
> Can gattrib map pins to nets already?

Well, not that I know of.  But having a grid display of row-organized data
that captures "interesting stuff" about instances is gattrib-ish. So I was
just imagining a  gschem "symbol" that behaved similarly to the gattrib
tool.  Editing attributes and editing infrastructure pin assignments seemed
like a similar workflow.

-dave

FWIW, I think that with someone with scheme fu can hack up a backend for
gnetlist to put all the "gattrib cells" into another nice gschem schematic
file (.sch) to make the attributes in the schematic visible and printable
(just for QA and checking purposes: nothing beats a green highlighter
scoring off the correct values, just before running to pcb and throwing lots
of traces on some poor FR4).

Bonus points: maybe even mark hidden attributes in an italic font or
something.

My EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.