Re: gEDA-user: blue sky ideas - written down finally

Dave N6NZ <n6nz@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Dec 27, 2009, at 6:12 PM, gene glick wrote:

>> A schematic represents different things to different people:
>> The technician likes the symbols to closely resemble the physical parts.
>>  It makes working on the board easier since he doesn't need data sheets
>> in addition to the schematic.

> Anybody that wants physical schematics has never worked on anything
> larger than a homework assignment.

For my "homework assignments" I do want physical schematics.  When do a
board with an FPGA in the middle and a bit of periphery, there is not
much function in the schematic in the first place.  The FPGA symbol will
be a physical view of the package, and the schematic is a preview of the
layout.